Are you an ideal candidate for corneal refractive surgery?
Can you get a Laser / Lasik Treatment done?
If you are considering corneal refractive surgery, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, with a stable refraction for the past 6 months.
- Have healthy eyes that are free from any eye diseases or corneal abnormalities( Eg Scar, Infection,etc)
- Be informed of corneal Refractive Surgery risks and benefits as compared to existing treatments for refractive errors.
- Be able to lie flat without difficulty.
- Be able to tolerate local/topical anasethsia.
- Be willing to sign an informed consent form prior to the procedure.
- Be able to keep your eyes accurately on the fixation light during the laser treatment.
When can't you have corneal refractive surgery?
If you have any of the following criteria, you should not have refractive surgery, because the risk involved is greater than the benefit:
- You have any connective tissue diseases (Rheumatoid Arthritis), Auto immune( Eg SLE) and immunodeficiency diseases.
- You are pregnant or nursing
- You show signs of Keratoconus or any other condition that causes a thinning of the cornea.
If you use contact lenses, discontinue their use for at least 2 weeks
prior to the surgery.
If you fulfill the above criteria and are interested in undergoing refractive surgery, discuss your decision with your corneal Refractive Surgeon. Your doctor may decide to perform an in-depth pre-procedural examination to evaluate the overall health of your eyes and determine your suitability for the procedure.
The best way to find out is to visit Dr Gadgil at the Clinic, He will be in the best position to find out if you can go for the Laser Treatment. Dr. Gadgil with his vast experience over 20 years of checking more than 120,000+ patients will be in position to tell you very clearly after testing your eyes.
Dr.Uday Gadgil has operated on more than 9000 patients for Cataract and Laser treatments. his experience and His research in this field has been appreciated in Vienna - Austria in the Year 2011 , when he presented a Paper on Lasik treatment.
Come and take the Benefit of Dr.Gadgils Experience. Let your Eyes see in a Frame free world. See much better than wearing the Specs.
Call on the Clinic Telephone Nos today and Fix up an Appointment. His well trained Staff will be happy to assist you at the Clinic and Hospital.